Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi Airport, also famous as Guwahati Airport and previously as ‘Borjhar Airport’, is the principal airport of Assam, India. It is the 8th busiest airport in India. It is situated at Borjhar, 26 km from Dishpur, the capital city of Assam and 28 km from Guwahati city. It is named after Late Gopinath Bordoloi, a freedom fighter and the first Chief Minister of Assam after India’s independence. The airport serves as an Indian Air Force base.
Disclaimer: This article includes affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, it will incur no extra cost to you but I will get a referral bonus to fund our travels.
Few important information of Guwahati Airport
- In February 2019, the Airport has been privatized and given on lease for 50 years to Adani Group at highest bid of Rs. 160 per passenger.
2. I have seen sufficient MAY I HELP kiosk in arrival/departure of Guwahati Airport.
3. The Assam State Transport Corporation (ASTC) operates the Volvo air-conditioned bus services to the LGBI airport from Paltan Bazar, near Guwahati Railway Station and the Rupnath Brahma Inter-State Bus Terminus (ISBT).
4. One statue of giant rhino in domestic departure of Guwahati Airport really enchants the mind of travelers.
5. Uber and Ola offer rides from the airport to several parts of the city. One can also book cabs to Shillong from these services. Apart from these many private taxi operators deliver pre-paid and post-paid taxi services to the city.
6. Rest room for transit passengers is available at arrival area. To enjoy this facility one has to pay Rs.1000/- (per person).
7. In arrival and departure area both Snack Bar is available.
8. In terminal building restaurant is available. Price is as per menu.
9. Hotel Anand Tiffin is available inside terminal/City Side.
Hotel Prag Continental is available inside departure terminal (1st floor)
At city side terminal Devyani International (KFC) is available.
10. If you have enough time you can spend time in shopping at Rajesh Trading (Tea pack), J.K.Fashion (Garment shop), Pavers England (Shoe shop), Sai Aakash, Tulja Bhavani (Pearls shop), Florist & Gift shop, AVA merchandising (Gift shop), Green Gold (Packaged Tea), Jangfai (Traditional handloom and handicraft), Big Bazar and Blush (spa and salon).
11. Parking lot is available with below mentioned capacity and rate-
Two Wheeler 1000 nos. Rs.15/-
Four Wheeler 500 nos. Rs.60/-
Bus 10 nos. Rs.250/-
11. Paid accommodation is also available for single and family.
12. Enough Drinking water facilities available for free at all terminal building.
13. Porter service Available for free at all terminal building.
14. Free Tourist Information Available at arrival area. I went personally at Arunachal Pradesh Tourist Information Centre to collect various information.
15. Special assistance given to physically challenged / Aged for free.
16. A child care room Available for free.
17. In all terminal building wheel chair is available for free.
18. Trolleys available for free.
19. VIP facilities Available for selected VIPs displayed on a board at arrival and departure area.
20. At arrival area currency exchange facilities are available.
21. At arrival area Medical & First aid facilities available for free.
22. Smokers lounge Available for free.
23. Multiple Mobile charging Points available at all terminals.
24. Wi-Fi available for free up to 30 minutes.
25. ATMs are available of State Bank of India, Canara Bank and South India Bank.
26. Lost & Found baggage service available for free.
If you want to add more info you can mention it in comment section. I will update it with your name.
Also read, NAMERI NATIONAL PARK
Also consult, Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport
Last updated on 23.01.21