Our suite in Yangphel Guest House incorporates one King Size bed (6X6) with comfortable mattress. The room includes a nice view, neat & clean. We took the room with Mountain view and I should say once you awaken in the morning and and view the appearance outside the window it seems like a heavenly place, the pictures are exactly what you see in picture postcard. Mr. Yayaati and Mrs. Deepika is a great host, very friendly taking care of every individual need. I strongly recommend staying in this property. Anyone who stays would love Yayaati’s stories and Deepika’s warm hospitality.
Disclaimer: This article includes affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, it will incur no extra cost to you but I will get a referral bonus to fund our travels.
I along with my family stayed at Yangphel Guest House in the mid of October 2018, and it was a great experience. The place is nice and is found on the point of Leh Market that is about ten minutes. We stayed for 4 nights there. Our Sitting space is a little glass balcony with overlooks the Tsemo Gompa on one aspect and Stok range of Himalayas on the opposite. The room has massive Wardrobes to accommodate and organize our stuff.
Our bedside table also incorporates a drawer, touch lamps on either and electronic sockets for charging of mobile laptop, and other electronic items. In the room we also found an HD LED television with USB connectivity.
What we got at the Yangphel Guest House
- Clean toilet
- Soap and tissue roll
- Clean towel
- Rooms are cleaned and well maintained. But daily cleaner is not available due to the lack of manpower in October. So housekeeping is not up to the mark.
- Well cleaned bed sheet and pillow.
- They provided 1 (1/2 lt) mineral water as complementary.
- Cost per night – Around INR 1400 (offseason).Including breakfast.
- Hotel staff (Hari) is good and helpful.
Few things which we require but not found in the room are
- Intercom is not available. Every time we require something we have to go downstairs in the chilled night of October.
- The food we found the moderate taste and costly.
- Tea/Coffee maker is not available in the room
- Wifi is available. Service is poor. You will get connectivity only in reception area.
- Hot water is not available in the bathroom.
Shanti Stupa is one.6 km from Yangphel Guest House, while Leh Palace is 2 km. The nearest airport is Kushok Bakula Rimpochhe Airport, 5 km from Yangphel Guest House. The Leh Bus Station is 2 km. One kid underneath 6 years stays free from charge once using existing beds. All any older kids or adults are charged office 400 per night for further beds. There’s a nice little message on one of the walls of the guest house, which emphasizes the place’s effort to keep this more like a family house than a hotel.
For online booking click here
Last updated on 10.01.21