Chula Restaurant Thimphu
Opposite Taj Tashi Hotel,
Phone- +975 2 336 275
This is an experience of tasting good Indian foods in Thimphu. The lists found on Lonely Planet and Trip Advisor is quite helpful. It is worth noting that Tuesdays are dry days, meaning that bars are closed and some restaurants, especially those not in hotels, are closed. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy the review of Chula Restaurant in Thimpu.
The ambiance of Chula Restaurant Thimphu
This is one of the renowned Indian restaurants in Thimphu. The interior is really spectacular. When you enter the restaurant there is nobody to welcome you. When you get your table someone will come to take the order as if they are forced to do that, no smile, no warm welcome nothing. The restaurant is located on the 2nd floor in the middle of the Thimpu town. It has good ambiance and we were glad that they were serving lunch even at 4:30 pm. Chula is neat, simple so you can eat here worry-free.
Highly recommended are tandoori dishes, and if you’re vegetarian, this is also a delicious option! We ordered vegetarian and chicken dishes along with Indian
Points to remember-
- Most of the dishes on the menu are not available.
- Service is very fast.
- You may not exactly get Indian taste but when you are bored with local cuisines, this one may provide a breather.
- It is ala carte restaurant where a buffet was not available.
- It is located on the 1st floor of an office like building so wheelchair access is not available.
- There is some nice shopping available in the same building on the ground floor.
- Prices are moderate.
- Clean washroom separate for ladies and gents is available.
Also read HOTEL PELJORLING PARO